Thursday 9 June 2016

DRM Migration Client – Setting up Planning Metadata in DRM



In this blog, I will talk about using the DRM Migration client for setting up Planning metadata in DRM. Now in one of my previous blogs I had shown the steps to create an application in DRM 


 
Now, by default, there would not be any specific metadata objects (Planning, HFM, etc.) set up in the application when you create it. This is because it is very well possible that you may want Planning and HFM metadata to sit in different applications (beats the point of having DRM, but you do have to see the beauty in deployable and pluggable components) or you may want to create a DRM application for a very specific or targeted metadata that you have.

Now, let us set up the Planning metadata in our very own DRM application.

To do this, we make use of the DRM Migration client utility. Now to launch the utility, use this URL:-


http://<server where DRM is installed>/drm-migration-client/


A window opens up as shown in the below snapshot:-
There are four options listed:-
Extract: - To extract DRM metadata objects.
Load: - To load metadata objects from a file into DRM
Difference: - To view the difference between metadata objects
View File:- To view a metadata object file

Today we are going to choose the Load option. Once you click on the Load button the below file browser screen shows up.
 
Now, by default, there will be application metadata templates stored in the server where DRM is installed. The path where this is stored is usually as follows:-

<Drive where DRM is installed>:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\DataRelationshipManagement\server\app-templates

I browse to those path and you can see the various files listed there as shown below.
I choose the Planning application template and click on the upload button.

Once the file is uploaded, DRM gives me a file information overview. This is listed in the below 2 snapshots. I click on the next button to proceed with the upload.

After hitting the next button, I am asked to set up connection to a DRM application. 

I enter my credentials and Test connection once to see if I am able to login. 



Once I am successfully test connected, I hit the Log In button to start the next steps in the metadata upload process.

The next two snapshots list all the artifacts that we have in the Planning XML file. ( I will do an analysis of the structure of the XML later.)



On clicking the next button, DRM reviews the object dependencies and tells me if there is some error in the DRM objects that are defined. Since this is a default file, it passes of review phase successfully. 




On clicking the Next button in the above snapshot, I reach the gates of Mordor… DRM asks me if I would like to Run the load as shown in the below snapshot.

I click on the Run Load button from the above snapshot and the process of importing the Planning DRM objects into my DRM_DEV application starts.
 
After some time, the screen will show you the status of the DRM object load.

In our case, the load has been executed successfully. 

Now if I login to my DRM_DEV application, and navigate to Administer->”Property Definitions”, I can see the recently imported HP properties listed as shown in the below snapshot.



The member property for a specific member is as shown in the right of the below snapshot.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment