Thursday 23 March 2017

Installing the Hyperion EPM Homepage for Hyperion Workspace

In this blog, I would be talking about installing the Hyperion EPM homepage. This is one of my shorted blogs. While personally, I don’t particularly like or dislike the Hyperion EPM homepage, since I usually setup one of my research apps to be shown by default. But if you have access to multiple applications, it is a good idea to have a one-window view of the entire system so that navigation is a bit more simpler.

This is how my Workspace page looks like when I log in.
The environment had Essbase, Planning and FDMEE installed. The entire screen is a big blank slate which looks a wee bit empty. In order to configure the EPM Homepage, you need to install Reporting and Analysis Framework components.

The Framework components are made up of two set of components:
  • Framework Java Web Application
  • Framework services and common libraries.
The following snapshots show me doing the installation of these Framework components. 






     
The configuration of the Framework components is pretty straightforward and you just deploy it onto the application server.
 
The following snapshot shows my Workspace page now with the Homepage up and running. 

The applications would come under the Quick Links and would be grouped by application type like Planing, Profitabilty, etc. A neat bird-eye view display of the Hyperion EPM infrastructure you have access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment