Wednesday 14 December 2016

DRM Error while accessing the web client – HTTP Error 404.17 Not found : The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler

In this blog, I would be talking about a strange error that I encountered while doing a DRM configuration on my machine. Now as you know DRM can only be installed on a Windows machine. Now the install went ahead successfully and I thought all the checks had been done. I checked that .NET frameworks are enabled.
However, when I tried to access the DRM web page, I got a strange error as shown in the below snapshot.
The error was something of this sort: -
HTTP Error 404.17 Not found: The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler.

Now, I checked all the files and everything and it all looked to be up and running. However, the issue was that I had not enabled a field in the Windows Communication Foundation Services.

This is a snapshot of the WCF services in my machine.
Observe that the HTTP activation is unchecked. Also observe that WCF services is checked. This is because TCP Port Sharing is clicked. I was thinking that if a component is marked as selected, it means that all the components underneath it should be selected. This is how logically it should work and the Hyperion Shared Services works this way, so I thought Microsoft works the same way. However, in Microsoft services, even if one service is selected, then ancestors all get marked. According to me this a design flaw.

Once I enabled the HTTP activation, I was able to access the DRM web page client as shown in the below snapshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment