Friday 13 May 2016

Weblogic Bridge Message: Failure of server APACHE bridge:



Well, EPM is strange at times. It gives you this weird errors and then it tells you the probable causes for the error. Now, I have no issue with probable causes of error. But if I have to google an error just to understand what it means, somewhere something is seriously wrong. 

The other day I was trying to access my Workspace page, when I got this huge mumbo jumbo error from something called as Weblogic Bridge Message ( I must admit, it sounds kinda cool). The error is as follows:-

Failure of server APACHE bridge: 
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent




Now the catch is that, with so much explanation, I first got stumped at idempotent. The last idempotent I heard was in college where we had an idempotent matrix( a matrix which when multiplied by itself gives itself). So you see the error message is useless in understanding the issue. Although the error message is useless, the first half does give a neat idea on what might be the issue. “No backend server available for connection. 

So I decided to check, if the Middleware home is accessible or not. Generally, this would be running on port number 7001 by default.

When I checked the Oracle Middleware home in a browser on path 7001, it shows the classic web error.
“The page can’t be displayed.”
 




Now, we are getting somewhere. So I decided to start the Oracle Weblogic server once.

Now, to fix the issue, you will need to start the Weblogic server.

This can be done by running the following batch file/shell script:-
{MIDDLEWARE_HOME}\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\startWebLogic.bat





If you check out the above snapshot, you will see that WebLogicServer is now up and running. 

Now, we check the Oracle Fusion Middleware page on port number 7001 and it opens up as shown in the below snapshot.




My Workspace page also opens up as shown below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment