Sunday 16 April 2017

Delete ASO application error – Unable to Load UTF-8 encoded file in a non-Unicode mode application

In this blog, I would be talking about an error I encountered when I was trying to delete an ASO application that I was working on. Now the gist of the error. I got an LCM extract that contained an ASO application and I wanted to import it in my environment. I had a look at the LCM and created a non-Unicode ASO application. I then went and did a backend sync of the files in the ASO application. At this point I realized that I had to create a Unicode application. So the next logical step was to delete the application. And that’s when the fun started.

When I tried to delete the application from EAS frontend, I encountered an error as shown in the below snapshot.

The error says “Unable to load UTF-8 encoded file in non-Unicode mode application.”
Now, to fix this error, I did a simple file delete of the file that was giving me the error message. (Beauty in simplicity). I went ahead and deleted the file manually. The below snapshot shows the app file deleted and in the Trash folder.

I now try to delete the application from the EAS frontend and it goes through successfully as shown in the below snapshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment