Monday 14 March 2016

Oracle VM VirtualBox application crash on Windows 10



Well, I do mess around with a lot of things and generally manage to convert a lot of things that were working into dried out husks that I have chewed and spit out (Laughing my demon laugh here)… That is where virtual machines come in handy since I can easily uninstall or reinstall an OS on a VirtualBox without compromising the overall integrity of my system… (One of these days, I will tell you what happens when you run three antivirus software at the same time… The phrase times slow down till eternity sums up the feeling of watching a system get warped in a cocoon of endless loop)

I had installed Oracle VM VirtualBox on my machine and had a Linux Fedora running. But yesterday, I decided to uninstall Oracle VM (I read an article about clean folder structures so I was following it to the letter) and try to install it in a bit more clean way. The steps are as shown below:-









Now, all you do in Windows is point and click, right… Well, I did that….And

Nothing happened…

I tried it multiple times and even tried running it from the command prompt, but nothing happened.



Now, when I look at the EventViewer, I can see an APPCRASH for VirtualBox.exe…



Don’t know why it is failing, still digging into this in the hopes of finding some skeletons…
 
Some blogs do have some answer…But its more on the lines of the issue than what needs to be done… https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/4130 

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, tried Version 5.0.16, 5.0 and 4.3.

    Same behavior on every version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this VM version ...VirtualBox-4.3.36-105129-Win.exe it worked for me

      Delete
  2. I had the same issue with VirtualBox 5.1.8 but it fixed by installing VirtualBox 5.1.24

    ReplyDelete