Thursday 5 January 2017

Hyperion Essbase - ODBC Layer Error: [S1000] ==> [[DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]ServerName cannot be used with HostName, PortNumber, SID, or ServiceName.]

In this blog, I would be talking about an error I got while fetching data from a SQL data source. Now when I tried to fetch data from a SQL data source, I got an error asking me to check the log file for more details. On checking the log file, this is what was shown.

The error was something of this sort: -
[Fri Dec 16 13:18:41 2016]Local/REVENUE/REVENUE/admin@Native Directory/140597072398080/Info(1021013)
ODBC Layer Error: [S1000] ==> [[DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]ServerName cannot be used with HostName, PortNumber, SID, or ServiceName.]

Now, this is basically a data source configuration issue in the odbc.ini file.

For configuring a data source, you can use either configure multiple Oracle databases in a single entry using the TNSNAMES file or configure each one individually by giving the hostname, port number and service name.

I had configured the system to use both, which was pointless and hence the error.

The below snapshots show the ServerName and the TNSNamesFile entry.


I delete them as shown in the next couple of snapshots.


Once the entry has been corrected in the odbc.ini file, I am able to retrieve data as shown in the below snapshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment