Sunday 15 May 2016

FDMEE Error when inserting data into Category: oracle.jbo.DMLException: JBO-26041



Well, the other day I was trying to update and save my Category mapping in FDMEE and I got this weird error when I tried to update and save my Global mappings. 

The error was a huge chunk of gibberish in Oracle exception stack trace formatted using toString()
(The Java folks will know exactly what I am trying to say)

The error was something on the lines of this:-

Unable to save the changes
oracle.jbo.DMLException: JBO-26041: Failed to post data to database during “Insert”: SQL Statement Insert into TPOVCATEGORYADAPTOR(INTSYSTEMKEY) VALUES(?).




So the first thing to remember is that it is facing this issue when it is inserting a single value. Now, very rarely, do you have an idea on why you messed up. But in my case, I knew exactly what was wrong since I had a strong hunch. I had disobeyed and not followed the chain of command. 

This is my Application mapping tab for Category mapping. If you see it has two null entries and it allowed me to save them as well. I had a gut feeling that it was this which was throwing the system off.


So now I decided to decide to delete one of these mappings. As soon as I deleted the mapping, FDMEE gave me a strong reprimand. 

ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into (“HYP_FDMEE”.”TPOVCATEGORYADAPTOR”.”CATKEY”)

So all I do is sit meekly and click OK… I have got my puppy face and pretty please face on…(remember the cat from Shrek 2..Something similar to that)

Once I delete the two NULL values in application mapping, I go back to my Global Mapping tab for Category Mapping and save the changes and this time it allows me to save the changes successfully.




1 comment:

  1. HI how do i exploit this error in application. please give me answer ASAP.

    ReplyDelete