Friday 15 January 2016

Hyperion Essbase Application Log file formatter



In this blog, I am going to talk about a custom log file formatter that I have designed for parsing the Hyperion Essbase application log files into columnar format. I was working last week on resolving a couple of issues where I had to keep checking the log file to see exactly what was going wrong and that is when I felt I could design something to make this searching process better. 

The below snapshot is the view of the utility that I have designed.

You can basically select any Essbase application log file by using the Browse button.

Once you have selected that, the application will automatically update the parsed log file field name.

The name of the parsed application log file is as follows:- <ApplicationName>_PARSED.log

Below is the screenshot of the same.


You now need to hit the format button to format the file into a tab separated file.

Sample output is attached in the below snapshot.


I am now working on adding a database push functionality as well. But this will require some work since, I will have to code the entire relational logic in Java and do it. Will keep you posted on the same.

Also, I will be moving my code to a source code management system, mostly GitHub, so that anyone can download and use these utilities…Will keep you updated on this as well…

No comments:

Post a Comment