Wednesday 23 December 2015

NIBIS Screen Capture utility



Well, ever since yours truly started blogging about various stuff like Oracle, Hyperion and so on, the main problem that I have faced is that since I use “Snipping Tool” that comes as a default tool in Windows for taking the snapshots that I post on the blog, I have to manually save each of these which becomes tiring since I do not have a lot of patience with doing repeated things.

So I was looking at the way to automate the entire process and finally after two days I have managed to come up with an alpha version of my very own custom designed screen capture utility called “NIBIS ScreenCapture” that tries to overcome the basic drawbacks of the native snapshot tools.

A look at the minimal screen of the tool:-



Below are a couple of the screenshots that were taken using this tool:-


 
The above snapshot is from a text file that basically has the words taken from the latest Johnny Walker advertisement… “Keep Walking”… It is worth a read… 

The main features of the tool are as follows:-


  • ·         The tool is designed in Java so platform independence is one
  • ·         The tool comes with an auto save ability. I have an option of specifying a target folder and all the snapshots go to that folder. Below is a snapshot of one such target folder that I used for testing:-

  • ·         Ability to choose between different image formats.
  • ·         I can take a whole screen shot or a part of it and save it.

Since it is an alpha version, I am still testing the tool and will try to iron out all the flaws… Will try to publish it as soon as possible… Standby for more updates

No comments:

Post a Comment